.
.


 

Tuesday, June 2, 2026

Week 1: June 1-7 Reflection - J. Dela Cruz

 As a teacher in this generation, I believe that the use of technology and keeping yourself updated is very important. Many students as young as kindergarten have great knowledge about technology. In many classrooms that I have been in, I see teachers using many educational websites to assist with their lessons and class discussions. I have seen teachers use Kahoot, IXL, quizlet and many other educational resources. But I also believe that “the teacher will always be the most important element in learning,”  that technology can assist, but can not solely be responsible for teaching the class/students. Knowledge and understanding the use of  technology is not only important as a teacher, but also in general.  When I have a question or don’t understand something I google it or search “how to” videos on youtube. I also use CHATGPT to get ideas and suggestions for anything. I am always willing to learn new things about technology use in the classroom. Thank you Dr. Rivera for sharing all the resources. I always enjoy reading your poems; the Sinlaku and the tribute to Tata.

3 comments:

  1. Hagu mas, Jackie, for your thoughtful reflection. I wholeheartedly agree that while technology has become an essential tool in education, it can never replace the guidance, encouragement, and human connection that a dedicated teacher provides. Today's students are growing up in a digital world, making it important for educators to remain current with technological advancements and instructional resources. Platforms such as Kahoot, IXL, Quizlet, YouTube, and even ChatGPT can enhance learning, promote engagement, and support differentiated instruction when used appropriately. However, it is the teacher who inspires curiosity, fosters critical thinking, and builds meaningful relationships that motivate students to learn. Your willingness to continue learning and embracing new technologies demonstrates the mindset of an effective educator. Thank you as well for your kind words about my poems. It brings me great joy to know that they resonated with you. Wishing you continued success as you inspire and guide the next generation of learners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I completely agree that no matter how great or innovative technology can be, nothing can truly replace the role of the teacher in the classroom. I can see how some teachers might end up TOO reliant on technology; in the same way my spelling became worse because of atuocorrect! I agree that it's important to remember that technology is a tool and not a replacement for teacher expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up a great point, Jackie! Technology can't be the main tool for learning. It should be used to assist the teacher, not be the teacher. This is something that all teachers need to understand. I have students who love using technology in the classroom, but have complained when it's all they use in another class and the teacher doesn't teach them.

    ReplyDelete

CLASS BLOG: Marianas Local Favorites

Please click on the link below to view our class blog.  Marianas Local Favorites