.
.

Monday, March 29, 2021

Bendision Ha'anen Manungo'

Prima Doktora, I appreciate the class yesterday and today as well.  The topic of the multicultural video's and our discussion was definitely the same for all of us educators. We know that it is our passion for the love of teaching and we always find ways to enhance and enrich their knowledge and a major role in it
is by knowing their background ethnicity to understand and respect their identity and heritage and to have our students to feel comfortable and important in our environment.  I know for me it does make a major difference to bring awareness with all our diverse students.  I know deeply from just my own family that I have and treasure in my life.  Si Yu'os Ma'ase' for this class and classsmates.  Now, here is a picture of me and my multicultural blessings that is definitely a blessing for me.
                           Kepuha, Joshua Jaiden, Bellah, Kalia, Jacoby, Kaiven and Keldon

4 comments:

  1. I love your family picture! Yes, I agree with you that it is important to always respect our students'/children's ethnic background and cultures. As teachers/parents, we need to show that we appreciate all of them so that they will feel comfortable and will build their self-confidence around their community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging the students we face to be proud of their heritage will strengthen their confidence, self esteem and worth, to know they are appreciated softens their hearts to open up and share values.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture! Teaching students to respect other cultures is a great way to help them understand that not everyone is the same and thats okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonita na famagu’on! Let us continue to embrace the values of multicultural education and empower our students. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS IMAGE?

https://blackrockdesert.org/east-fork-high-rock-canyon/   About the Black Rock Desert Playa   The Black Rock Playa in northwestern Nevada is...